Monday, May 7, 2012

May Day hike

May 1st is a public holiday in Austria and most of the time people go hiking. Why? I have no idea, but I was really motivated to get outside and walk. I called on the entire family and one after one kept telling me that they were working. On a holiday!!!
Anyway my mum was up for it and as my brother had the morning off we decided to walk from my parents place to his place. It's a 12km hike through the Vienna Woods, there are perks when you live close to vineyards and hills :)
lush spring greenery
It took us 3.5 hours but we made it, thankfully most of the path leads through the woods otherwise we'd be burned to a crisp in the ridiculously hot sun. Ulrich met us about five minutes from his house but cooked lunch for us never the less haha.
Nothing better than to get out into the open and see creation in its splendour. Thank you God x

No comments:

Post a Comment