Tuesday, May 8, 2012

new boots - almost

In January I wrote about how one of my resolutions for 2012 was to fast from fashion. You can read about all of that here. Well last week I brought two pairs of boots to the cobbler to get them reheeled. Not sure if I would have chucked them out before this year (or the whole fasting fashion experiment), probably not but I wouldn't have made the effort of finding a cobbler and taking them there, leaving the boots somewhere in the back of the closet waiting to be found during my next move.
The leather is basically brand new but for some reason or another soles on shoes are made paper thin, and wear out in no time at all, these days.
The black pair of boots is my absolute favourite - slouchy pirate boots - and I'm happy that they have been fixed and are good to last for another two seasons. To be fair the whole thing coast me about as much as a new pair of boots, but it is money well spent and less rubbish in our landfills! This sustainable life will cost you, you have been warned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment