Tuesday, September 14, 2010

encouragement from above

Most people I know will tell you that I love God and His house. (I say most because I don't run up to people I've just met, and scream "Jesus" in their face :) ) It is a love affair that started many years ago and I don't think it will ever end, at least I hope and pray that it never will.
For the last couple years I was so involved in church life - volunteering, serving, working for church - that I lived in this bubble like world that was unbelievable! I have never felt more encouraged, believed in and supported. I love God for putting me in such a place for a period of time, but it was time to move on and take what I learnt and impart it somewhere else.
Now, I came back to Austria to find a church that is barely hanging on and not at all the bride of Christ it is supposed to be. Let's say you're a bride and you wake up on your wedding day and are neither prepared nor do you care that your groom is waiting for you. You would be one stinking bride, right?!
My dream is for us as a church family - I'll make it general and throw all churches in this mix - to be radiant, ready, attractive, wise, at peace,... when we get to stand before God. It's a long walk but I am filled with hope. Nothing is impossible for God, He holds the freaking universe in His hands!!!!!!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Eph 3

And because God knows me and loves me beyond compare, I am still surrounded with the most amazing people that champion me and cheer me to give my best. Although they are spread around the globe, I am grateful for every one of them.
Let's make this the best season ever, build the house of God, invest in people, believe for healing and lives that will be changed. I can't wait to hear stories and see the fruit of what will happen in the years ahead of us.

The cherry on top: Hillsong Online launched last week. So spoilt, I know :)

1 comment: