Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Marc Jacobs FW11

What would you get out of bed for at 2am?
The new Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter11 Live stream of course :)
If I'd have to sum it up: a mirrored runway with padded columns (first it looked like gigantic bubble wrap haha) set a pretty icy scene, but the clothes that were to follow were anything but.
Ladylike chic, tailored skirts, jackets and tops, huge sequins, lots of polka dots, little pillbox hats, lace and pencil skirts galore. Beautiful silhouettes! 
In contrast the music was hard rock. Made  me smile and think that Mr Jacobs does have a wicked sense of humour.
Hopefully there will be pictures soon and I am curious what will await at the MbMJ show tonight - not quite as late as last night!
Thanks for making my Valentines day xx

Cathy Horyn does a way better job than me so please read her NY Times article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment