Thursday, January 5, 2012

what's been on my mind the last couple weeks

27 million people
It's not a random number, it's a real number, a massive number and every single one of these people is in slavery.
It breaks my heart again and again.
If you think, I don't have any connection to any of them, sadly you are mistaken. Check out Slavery Footprint and you can work out how many slaves are working for you.
Crazy to think that slavery should be a thing of the past as it's been abolished a while ago, yet there are more slaves on this planet than at any time in history before. Horrible and completely unacceptable!
I decided to give up my birthday and have everyone contribute towards funding the A21 campaign. Yay! Can't wait to see how much money we will be able to send to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment