Friday, January 28, 2011

question

Yesterday Erwin McManus asked everyone on twitter "what is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?"
What a great question!
The first thing that came to mind was a double rainbow over a loch in Scotland, breathtaking to say the least - the colours, not just of the rainbow but those greys(clouds) and blues(sky and water) and greens(hills) were phenomenal. But I just couldn't shake this question and have been thinking about it ever since.
There are a couple of beautiful things I have seen in my life:
old couples on a walk still holding hands
the view from up the mountain the first time I went rock climbing in Italy - had to conquer my fear of heights otherwise I would have never experienced it
standing at the back of JAM(youth conference in Sydney) one year and looking at a sea of young people worshipping their hearts out and God whispering "this is the next generation!!!"
watching my friends belly grow and grow after the doctors told her she could never ever have children - God is all for life and worked unbelievable miracles and she had that baby - praise God!!
Marc Jacobs dresses season after season
a brother and his deaf younger sister signing on the train - he was that age when everyone's too cool for anything, but there was so much love for his sister... made me cry watching them!

I couldn't pick just one, there are so many beautiful things I've seen and gotten to experience and I have to say that God was very evident in all of them.
Those memories keep you going in the desert times and I'm thankful for every single one!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Astrid!!!! Beauty really is everywhere! Thanks for the inspiration!!! xx

    ReplyDelete