Wednesday, February 3, 2010

identity

Recently this subject has come up again and again in conversations or elsewhere. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not an expert on this topic nor do I say that I've got it all together, but here are a few thoughts...

I get so taken aback when people, mostly friends, tell me about the way they see themselves - such a warped view it is ridiculous!!! Never know if I'm angry or just plain sad when I hear that.
Let's set a few things straight! You - every human being - are loved by the One who created you, worth way more than rubies and pearls. You might not have experienced that due to the people that have surrounded you your entire life and that makes me really sad. It means that we have missed something, we are to place value on humanity and restore dignity, not take it away. When you think ill of yourself, it's like poison slowly seeping into all areas of your life. So please don't start, it's vicious.

Life is not perfect but we've got a perfect Saviour who's done everything to take all of that crap away. Hallelujah. Why do we have such a hard time to see ourselves the way God sees us? Isn't the One living inside us greater than the one who is in the world? Maybe it is only when we encounter Jesus and He holds up a mirror and asks you to look at it and than He tells you what He sees in you, that you truly begin to understand.
We're all part of this journey called life, but if we can't even get the basics right, no wonder we look to other things and run someone else's race instead of our own. You're unique and not meant to be like anyone else, not a copy nor a clone. Meant to stand out in a crowd :)

If you still don't have a resolution for 2010, decide to rest in God and let Him tell you who you are again and again this year.

"The thief does not come except to steal, to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment