Sunday, July 31, 2011

life lessons learned this week

It's been a hectic week, so many premiers still ahead and it feels as if I only get home for some sleep!
What I've learned so far...
... there's a million people involved in this festival and for some reason, like ants in their nest, from the outside you'd never know!
... don't ever touch the inside of faux leather boots after they've been worn for more than 15 min... gross gross gross
... looking after 50 choir guys is a lot of fun - combined with just as much ladies, there are 30 nations represented in that choir :) Love multi culture things.
... don't tell people that opera is not your kind of music, might turn out it's their profession haha - they still love me though
... I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like my oat sugar cookies(this time with cranberries & walnuts)!!! winners all around
... surprisingly easy to go a whole day without food when you're busy (almost like Sydney times :) )
... riding your bike home after a 12 hour day does not tire you out completely but rather revives you?!
... there's always time for a smile - it does go the longest way. Yes it does.
... while waiting for the elevator in the basement you just might get treated to your own personal xylophone concert. Phenomenal, felt so spoilt.
... rain and make up just don't mix well. Especially when cycling - hello streaky face hehe
... also while cycling keep your mouth shut - flies and mosquitos will otherwise end up in there. yuk

Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying my time at the opera! Our team is killer. Nothing short of spectacular!
Most random moment so far:
One of our boys has to wear a ridiculous wooly hat and I just burst out laughing when he put it on. Poor guy was a bit confused and barked at me "what's so funny? why are you laughing?". Told him that his hat is funny and apologised. Out of nowhere he starts playing with my hair and says "you've got beautiful hair" what??? where did that come from?? haha love it!

1 comment:

  1. well I wrote something for you as well, yet not that entertaining
    :)

    ReplyDelete