Thursday, April 19, 2012

back in Vienna

It only took me close to 7 years but I'm back in the city I was born in.
Isn't it funny how life never goes the way you plan it? When people ask me where I see myself in 5 years time, usually my first reaction is to laugh. Not a particularly nice thing to do since most are really sincere when asking, but considering what has happened over the last 10 years, I don't even bother to make plans anymore. I end up being completely taken by surprise by the opportunities that come my way. Most of them are unexplainable and that's why we call them "JC hook ups" :)
Back to Vienna. It's a different city than the one I left behind all these years ago and visiting for a couple days or even weeks at a time, you never take it all in. Somehow I'm excited to get to know this city and discover all the great changes, new stores and restaurants and lots of art that this beautiful city houses.
Here's to a phenomenal spring, as I'll be gone again come summer. Yeah, no-one saw that coming right haha As much as I'm getting used to the idea of staying in one place for a while, it's not called the nomadic life for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment