Monday, October 1, 2012

back home (the other one)

I took the liberty of getting sorted and having a quiet weekend upon arriving in the big smoke.
I'm so excited to be back and with just the right amount of drizzle, there is every excuse to wrap up, drink tea, read a new book and start another project :)
Moving into a house I've already been to so many times and being back in general feels like the most natural thing in the world.
The concept of home has changed a lot over the last couple years. I moved away from my childhood home over seven years ago and having been back for a couple of months this year, I can only say that it doesn't feel like home at all anymore. Sounds tragic, right. You distance yourself from places and all that counts is the people you surround yourself with and I'm pretty blessed wherever I go to have some of the best people around me.
Above a shot I took when I was out getting the last couple supplies for my course. Almost got lost in all the wool(not on my list of materials at all!!) when I noticed a group of older ladies sitting around a table. Turns out they were taking part in a knitting class. They were all smiles and chatting lots, it was the cutest thing. If I had had more time I would have sat down, maybe I have to go back.
Happy Monday everyone x

1 comment:

  1. I envy you, wish I could be in London in the fall! More pics PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete