Friday, December 11, 2009

life in storage

Ever since I left Vienna in 2005, I haven't had a steady home for more than a couple months at a time. Although I love the travelling, adventure life I seem to have, sometimes I wish I'd have a permanent home base. A place to return to, unpack your stuff and repack to head out once again. A place where there will be no more boxes! Amen.


As my stuff is spread out around Austria and England(thank you Jesus for friends with attics and garages!), I took a trip up to see my friends in Northamptonshire and get some boxes. Opening the box with all my winter stuff felt like Christmas. Cardigans, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. I had the best time :)
It was the best excuse to see my friend Hannah again. We shared a house together in Sydney and went through all the ups and downs of studying at bible college together. She is a legend and does an amazing job as a youth worker in her town. The difficulties that get thrown at her and how she masters life anyway is inspiring. It was so good to catch up over a cup of tea and wish we had more time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment