Monday, October 17, 2011

Today's Global Day for the Eradication of Poverty

Did you know about this? It seemed to completely pass by me but thanks to my water for water girls, I read about it! Hooray for world changers and amazing people.

Let's check out three ways how we can help with that...
1. prayer makes the world go round
I do believe this with all my heart. If I had to recount all the tales of God's goodness and answered prayers not just in my life but in my community, we would all be sobbing by the end and singing adorations, marvelling at how great He really is.
2. get behind a great project
they've done all the ground work and offer multiple ways to jump on board.
check out what I heart has going on and ways to join.
3. start some kind of community action
nothing major, just like one of these coffee to help ideas. Just get friends around and everyone can put some money towards a good cause.

Living in absolute splendour and luxury, we don't understand how a really simple action could make the world of a difference in someone else's life. Just think about the implications if all of us started to adopt sponsor children. We would play a big part in raising and equipping the next generation of leaders in really poor communities. Wouldn't that be amazing?!
What do you guys do? Any ideas you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment