Monday, December 5, 2011

advent day 4


Wonderful Counsellor
Isaiah 9.6, Matthew 13.54
Have you ever felt God whisper to you? It is this still small voice coming to you in the most random situations and it is so personal it rocks your world.
When I went to Sydney, i had all intentions to study event management. Little did i know what was going to happen over the next couple of years. After a crazy year I left, mostly because the course i wanted to take wasn't offered anymore, thinking: right this is it, moving on. 
Now I laugh about it but it was such a major decision back  then. The jobs I applied for never worked out and I was a bit clueless as to what was goin to happen next.
Anyway i was sitting on a train, minding my own business, when God started speaking to me. The one thing I clearly understood was "you know that you have to go back."
Doesn't seem like such a hard thing right, but I was at the other side of the planet and had no idea as to how this was going to happen.
In one afternoon I had he cheapest flight down to Australia, a place to stay, a car and a job with Hillsong United. It was unbelievable.
What followed were 18 of the best months of my life. Pretty ridiculous if you think that I could have just said no to God's counsel. So glad I didnt :)
Hope the week ahead will be a great one x

No comments:

Post a Comment