Monday, December 5, 2011

advent day 5


Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him 
Isaiah 11.2 & 61.1-2, John 16.7, Matthew 3.16-17
Already running a day late and it's only the fifth haha
Reading these prophecies has calmed me, to say the least. Told you before that it makes me feel safe and I'm drawn closer to God - almighty and beautiful, just, full of grace and abundant in love.
Best thing about it, His Spirit didn't only rest on Jesus, when he left he sent the Holy Spirit to be with us(see John 16). In 2 Corinthians 5, talking about the eternal side of things, it says that
"Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."
Blows my mind and I wish I'd live more aware of that fact. So grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment