Friday, November 20, 2009

dreams and life

Recently I was asked if I was interested to speak at a high school. Not sure if it will happen due to crazy schedule but I've been thinking about it ever since.
What do you tell young people when you get an opportunity such as this?  First I thought that they'll get me to speak about Austria (done that before at a primary school in Glasgow and all those little 10 year olds wanted to know was, if I've ever been on the set of Sound of Music), but their teacher has been pushing them to pursue their dreams lately, so they thought I could help out with that.
Not sure how much you can talk about dreams and pursuing them without bringing God into the picture!!


My dreams have varied over the years, from joining the circus when I was about 11 years old over working in the fashion/film industry(costumes) when I was about 15 years old to working in the events/music industry and touring with a band. Funny how all these things have one thing in common - travelling. 
Despite all this I made a decision years ago to follow God wherever He wants me to be and life has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. He's brought me to Scotland, Australia, England and currently the US (travelling anybody!!!) on this journey. I've worked in events, with a band, in the fashion industry and most recently got a chance to gain experience in the film industry. How crazy is that?


At the end of the day all I can do is agree with Paul who says in Ephesians 3,
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'm thankful for this adventure I was allowed to embark on and more than ever for my family. 
Although my parents don't understand what I do most of the time and think I'm insane the rest of the time - they never put limits around us kids in terms of what we can achieve. I honour them for who they are and how they raised us. They recently celebrated 30 years of marriage which has become rare in todays society. Love them and a gigantic THANK YOU goes out to them!!!!!!
Can't wait what the next year will bring but I can smile at the future, knowing it is in safe hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment