Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New York I love you

There are some places on this planet that I can't get enough of. One of them is New York City. 
The first time I came here was in the summer of 2002 when my brother and I travelled around the States for a couple weeks. It was the end of our trip and we had enough of all the tourist crap and decided to do really random stuff. He got his ear pierced and one day we decided to walk from our hotel(Broadway&86th) all the way down to Battery Park. It took us literally ALL day and I still remember the lunch we had at Union Square!
Last time I came was Christmas/New Year 2008 and I have to say that I prefer the cooler months to the sweltering heat of summer. Although I have to experience spring here, I can only imagine how beautiful that must be.

Long story short, I'm back and loving it all the same. I met up with the boys, Veronika and her great aunt Herta - an awesome lady - who's been living in the US for 40 years now. We had coffee at this cute little Viennese coffee house at the Neue Gallerie. They even had Austrian newspapers there - it dated 25th October but still :)

We walked around the city all day and late afternoon while the others went up the Empire State building I stole myself away to Borders and spent a good 1.5 hours in there. It never gets old and nothing's better than finding new books. Finally got the Satorialist book. I think the world has been waiting for that for a while. I love his blog and the book is just as amazing. Go check it out!

this is how coffee/tea gets served in Vienna, on a little silver tablet

pier at Battery Park

dinner at Gallagher's steak house - my brother would be jealous and my parents proud of me for ordering Shiraz with my steak

still my favourite building in Manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment